As a youth ambassador, you play a vital role at RYPCanada. Ambassadors make up the Youth Advisory Committee this Committee helps executive leaders learn about current youth affairs, help build the RYP society and participate in Facilitating the New Life™ programs. There are a variety of ambassador roles, chosen ambassadors will be assigned to roles by the Youth Ambassador Lead and Programs Manager.
As an RYP Ambassador:
You will learn skills for a lifetime of success while volunteering in the community and being an important voice in championing local causes.
Make a difference - Play a direct role in empowering, supporting, and educating the youth of the black diaspora.
Gain experience and opportunities to succeed in your future, while forging meaningful relationships that last a lifetime.
- Communicate in respectful, empathetic, and non-judgmental ways
- Strong written and verbal communication and active listening skills
- Organizational, research and general administrative task skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Recognizes and understands the current challenges faced by black youth
- Ability to think critically
- Leadership and Youth Advisory Committee experience an asset
Availability: 1-2 hours Wednesday and Saturday
Realize Your Potential Youth Society welcomes and encourages applications from persons of any gender identity, sexual orientation, and persons with disabilities. More information about Realize Your Potential Youth Society can be found at https://rypcanada.com Interested applicants can contact Youth Ambassador Lead, Kywana Bonaparte at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.